Popular Posts

Thursday, October 6, 2011

All a person wants... ?

I once made a choice...
The choice was to do what was right for me
So in a way, I wasn't following my hearts desire
That ended kind of badly
At first, I wasn't happy with the choice I had made
My heart ached and my emotions were mixed
I guess that's what happens when reason comes before love
But soon after
The reasoning quickly turned into love
And now I find myself
Loving like never before

People say, "Follow your heart"
But what if what your heart wants is not the best for you?
I'd rather go with reason to avoid problems
I've made other choices before
And those involved following my heart
But at the end, my heart ended up broken
I guess maybe I've had too many good-byes before
And I wouldn't be able to survive another one
And so I was left with nothing but my heart's choice
That's what you get when you let your heart win
And that's what happens when all a person wants...
Is to be happy...

No comments:

Post a Comment