Popular Posts

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Your Guardian Angel- Ending

The next thing i knew, I found myself thinking whether I had made the right choice or not. I looked at myself up and down. I was dressed in a long white gown. My hair was let down and twisted into long curls. The glow that surrounded me was incredible. I looked so... holy. I even believed i was. I didn't grow wings like i thought i would. Instead, i gained the power to be able to fly without them and transport myself wherever i wanted to go. My duties as a "guardian" involved staying with the person I was going to protect all day and all night, making sure absolutely nothing bad would happen to him or her, if that was possible. I also learned something: whenever we get involved in a very serious accident, we end up dying for two reasons. One can be that our guardian angel wasn't around at the time of an accident. Another one was because it was God's command to take our soul with him. Once we would go into unconsciousness, our angels would accompany our souls up into heaven. It was too much for me to believe.

When I was assigned the person I would start protecting, I immediately went to look for him. That person was Lucas. Lucas Hernandez was your average school boy. He lived with his step father, who was a real drug addict. He was a very bright boy, maybe about 8 or 9 years old. He had scars and bruises all over the parts of his body that were visible. He lived a terrible life. His stepfather treated him really badly. At such a young age, he made the little boy go to work as soon as he came back to school to give money to support his father's addictions. It was truly horrible. I felt kinda good being this little boy's guardian angel. I don't have kids, but I was thinking of having one. I guess that was a good way to start.  

For the next month, I spent all my time and dedication protecting Lucas from his horrible step father. It was kinda cool because no one could see me, so when his stepfather was just about to give him a beating, I would go push him over or knock something down or something like that. Soon enough the man started to think that the house was haunted. It humored me. At the same time, I watched over Jonathan too. I forgot to tell you that part but that same moment that I agreed to become a guardian, Jonathan came back to life while he was still in those refrigerator things where dead people are put into. I don't know what their called but it doesn't matter. I didn't understand though. He didn't go looking for me at my house or even asked for me. He never wondered where I was. I felt really bad about that. Then one day, the same day I was supposed to finish my duties as a guardian, I discovered what I had always feared the most. Jonathan was with another woman. Unlike me, she was no drug addict. She had a masters degree and a PhD in law and advocacy. And she was rich, very rich. That's what attracted Jonathan the most. There didn't exist one single moment where he thought of me. He was very happy, recovering and making his own life... a life where I didn't exist.

After finding that out, I went back to heaven.
"What's the matter child?" God told me.
"Jonathan... he... he forgot about me. He has someone else now." 
"I'm really sorry."
"And to think that I traded my life for his... even if it was just for a month."
"Well, everything is not what it seems. The people we think we know turn out to be complete strangers." 
"Yes, i realize..."
"Don't worry, you can solve it with him once you get back to Earth. Congratulations, this is your last day serving. You did a wonderful job." 

Well, I never actually got to solve the problem with Jonathan. There was actually a change of plans. I realized that there were things more important to take care of... and children to protect. Just then, I heard Lucas's soft, tender voice...
"Angel of God, my guardian dear
to whom God's love commits me here
Ever this day be at my side
to light and guard and rule and guide."

No comments:

Post a Comment